We had a wonderful long Memorial Day. My husband cook out tasty food for 3 days! He is the best cook ever 😀 We also went driving on our Jeep at State Park close to us and love the wonderful days we had. Just love warmer days!!
Couple weeks ago, my husband got me an embossing machine (AWESOME husband!) and I have been playing a lot with it. I gathered all the courage I had to stretch the use of embossing folders I had with stamping. So… here’s what I did: stamped and embossed 3D paper flower.
I used them on 2 shaker cards I made for my friends:
I used this simple shaker card tutorial to make this cards. The sentiments I used are from The Happy Couple stamp set and Joyful Birthday stamp set. I stamped them with Black Pigment Ink Pad. First card, I stamped the anniversary sentiment on a piece of velum, added some glitter embossing powder, and heated it with my craft heater. The second card, I stamped the birthday sentiment on the base card, centered the position that would show in the frame. I got the metallic multicolor sequins and beads at Walmart only 🙂
I love those flowers on the cards, and I thought they would make my scrapbook layouts pretty, too… so I made more of them with different colors and pattern. And I took some pictures how to make them:
- First stamp the petals from Hello Bloom stamp set on a piece of White Daisy Cardstock. I used Sorbet, Juniper and Pear Exclusive Inks Stamp Pads.
- Run it through embossing machine. For these flowers, I used Chevron Embossing Folder and WRMK Evolution Advance machine.
- Then cut them and curl each petal gently using Quilling tool.
- Use Liquid Glass to put them together. You only need a small dot in the middle of each petal.
- Made a little bow with Baker’s Twine Neutral Metallic, Cashmere.
- Add it in the middle of the flower using Liquid Glass.
- Then add button (or gems) to finis the flower.
I hope you enjoy today’s cards and tutorial! Thanks for stopping by and have a fun crafting day!
I link up at:
Creative Spark Week #4